Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend Away



I drove to Murphys in the California foothills this weekend (a total of 1,000 miles after all was said and done). Met up with my dear friend Stacey to see a Jason Mraz concert at the Ironstone Winery. Her friend Don (who was absolutely great and an easy traveler) joined us.  We enjoyed a pre-show dinner on the Ironstone property prior to the show. It was a beautiful setting and an excellent performance.

We had pretty good seats! I loved being outdoors.

We stayed in a darling cottage in a woodsy setting on a creek:


Took a short walk and saw this:

Had a delicious meal right across the street from our cottage at a tapas restaurant called 498:

Went wine tasting at Twisted Oak winery and another semi-underground wine-tasting room that included this mildly disturbing scene:

Played Scrabble:

Felt completely unplugged and rejuvenated. Put our feet in an icy babbling creek lined with wild raspberry bushes:

Left Murphys Saturday morning. On the way to Monterey we saw a scary car fire on Pacheco Pass, which ignited the surroundings. Firefighters were working hard to keep it contained.

Stayed at Stacey's cute new house and provided computer tech services for WiFi access!

Observed the most precious community gathering in Pacific Grove. A weekly dance class and subsequent "open floor" for all ages and skills. This was the scene through giant barn doors:

Hopped in the car Sunday morning and drove home, happy music blasting the whole way. Exterior temperature over the Grapevine - 104 degrees. Inside the car - 67 degrees. Took around 7 hours.


Missed my doggie, but received some unique photos via email from my daughter of Olive Monroe:

And Pepper Hayworth:

Exhausted, but played my bass for a few minutes...I missed that thing too...the notes seem lower, richer and more beautiful than I remember...I think I'm in love...


Called everyone to say I got home safe.....and Goodnight.

No comments: