Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back from Bermuda

Here's Bob supervising Elliette as she's adjusting everyone's lifejacket straps at Muster. We were all safer because of her attention to detail! She moved through the crowd with an air of authority that allowed her to approach total strangers and spend a few minutes on their straps, chatting reassuringly the whole time. I loved this guy's face, he was such a great sport.

One of many highlights of the trip for me (as in getting to know Scott's family so much better) was Elliette's description of the difference between my calm demeanor during stressful times, and Scott's. We were on a very pleasant ferry boat ride back to St. George's after visiting Hamilton. When describing me, she related several examples that she had observed. She was sweet and complimentary and very descriptive.

When she got around to describing Scott, her example was succinct, "A bug flies through the window----World War III!"

It was such a heartfelt, simple description delivered with such sincerity, and so accurate that it caught me off guard. I laughed until I cried, which produced the same result from both my mother and Elliette. Remarkable and memorable...

No comments: