Sunday, September 6, 2009

Thoughtful Husband



It means something a bit different when used in reference to my husband. This is an excerpt of an email Scott forwarded to me. It's in reply to a nice note from his mother about his blog.
Thanks Mom,
But I think a lot of these ideas are actually part of a perspective on life I deduced from you.  I'm not sure our philosophies are different, I just have more experience trying to express it in writing most likely because I've spent so many years doing it in bulletin boards, email, and online discussion groups.  And the only reason I really had the luxury of time to do that is because of you.
I even remember you telling me as a kid that you thought I ought not to worry about things like money because I had a sort of intuitive acumen that would do a better job of finding the right things for me to do.  It gave me the freedom to ask myself what was important, what was most worthy of the energy I could direct at it.
Ironically, even the things you worry probably harmed me or left me more depressed, may have also left me more objectively separated from the stuff we're all trying to understand.
From my perspective, each of us is just a thought passing through the mind of the single life form that occupies planet earth as it struggles unwittingly to know and empower itself.
That last sentence...pure poetry. A simple sentence that eloquently sums up Scott's "spirituality."

My reply:
That is a truly beautiful note you've written...and the one your mother wrote to you is beautiful as well...as uncomfortable as you've been on this planet, you've managed to make the best of it, while leaving a lasting impression on those brave enough (because it's not for the faint of heart) to try to know, love and understand you...like me...xo

No comments: